MAX PITTION was born March 1, 1921 in Oyonnax, a small town located in The Southern Jura (French Alps). This area was known primarily for the manufacturing of combs, originally they were crafted in wood and later in cow horn. In the 1920’s a new material appeared, it was called celluloid and is a kind of plastic. Objects were made by punching the shapes out of slabs of this material & then hand-finished. Emile Pittion, Max’s father started to manufacture combs in the 1920’s and by the 1940’s he was doing limited manufacturing of celluloid eyeglasses in the family factory, Pittion Lunetterie. After World War II, in 1945 Max began to work in and eventually take over the family eyewear factory. Over the years, Max expanded the business and sold his eyeglasses under the license negotiated with high fashion brands such as Lanvin and Azzaro before retiring in the early 1980's. In 2013 The Light Co., maker of Native Sons, along with American musician John Mayer re-launched the brand with great respect and fond remembrance of the historic company. Hand-made in Japan from the highest quality acetates and hardware, MAX PITTION re- creates, designs and produce eyewear glasses that Max himself would be proud to sell.